Saturday 19 April 2014

10. Choose Your Chocolates Wisely

I know I recommended to you last week that you should try to tell those around you how you’re feeling in order to survive the tougher times. I’d like to make an addendum to that and say that you might want to be a little bit picky about who you choose to tell.

I am trying to tell my husband a lot more often when things aren’t quite right with me and after the come down I’ve experienced recently I was finding today particularly hard to deal with. I told him this and I suppose that he did his best to help considering he is new to all this too. He tried the classic ‘life is like a box of chocolates,’ line but then he didn’t know when to stop. He proceeded to describe each and every ‘life’ chocolate in great detail, sometimes losing the plot along the way.

Apparently there’s the soft, gooey, coffee flavoured chocolates, his personal favourite I might add. Presumably those are the good days in life. Then there’s the tough, horrible, toffee chocolates (bad days?). And then sometimes you come across a surprise strawberry filling (no idea what day this is. Sunday perhaps). And sometime you come across a nutty one (presumably you should try to avoid marrying that one).
‘But there are also those nice dessert chocolates that you buy me for my birthday. I like those,’ he says.

And there you have it.


No comments:

Post a Comment